London Olympics 2012

London Olympics 2012
Independent London Olympics

Saturday 18 June 2011

London Olympic Tickets: One Fan's Message to LOCOG

Your records will show as soon as the offer to register for Olympic Tickets was announced I registered my interest and therefore received information as it was released.

For personal reasons I was unable to actually submit an application for the Tickets I wanted until the last day though I tried to purchase tickets on 4 occasions on the deadline date and got through as far as the credit card details being accepted but then the final payment was unsuccessful and on all 4 occasions I was advised to try again! 

I did so up until the time deadline for such applications, but did not try thereafter. I was SO DISAPPOINTED that there was no indication that the time limit for the ticket application/financial transaction had been extended to 1am because of the credit card system being unable to cope! 

There should have been a notice on the Ticket website about the extension, the fact there was not reveals a flawed system and has led to unfairness to those not informed of the extension for applications.

The fact that a reported 60% of the public applications were not successful provides further evidence of a disproportionate small ticket allocation to the general public who are the main funders of the event whilst the relatively small contribution by the so-called Sponsors have been given a high proportion of the tickets! 

All the early rhetoric by Lord Coe & Co that this will be the public's games is meaningless! 

I just hope that our country's Sportsmen & Sportswomen of whom I was one in my younger day actually do get a look in and have they had a chance to book tickets through their sports associations or will our country's allocation be filled with Fat Cats and the hoy paloy who don't invest either their personal time in supporting Britain's sport talent and only their money if there's a big pay back via advertising or promoting their products!

In my view the London Olympics Committee has badly let down the Sport-loving public of our country and all Lord Coe's patronizing 'I understand' just won't wash!

If the actual organisation of the Games is the same shambles, we shall all despair, but will certainly hold those to account who are being paid huge sums of money in these hard times - for Lord Coe and his crew the jury's out!      


No comments:

Post a Comment